Snake in North Carolina Gets Electrocuted Biting Another Electrocuted Snake
April 7, 2016
Several North Carolina electrical workers in the city of Morganton got a surprise when they opened up an electrical box on a house slated for demolition. Two dead snakes were found in the box, one which apparently crawled across two hot terminals and got electrocuted, and another which apparently was trying to eat the first snake and got jolted to death as well.
City of Morganton Electric Services Department/Facebook
Can anyone make heads or tails of this picture? What is going on?
The image, taken by a worker with the City of Morganton Electric Services Department was shared on the city’s Facebook page close to 10,000 times and has more than 1,700 comments.
Some of the comments:
- Not OSHA approved
- For some crazy reason snakes are attracted to electricity they go kamakazi on transformers very often!
- They look pretty hefty wonder what kind they are?
- Just mail me my last check!!!!
- Aww poor snakes :C
- Look at all the people with an irrational fear of snakes. I guess y'all would rather be overrun with disease-infested rodents? Enjoy your bubonic plague.
So what do you think of the photo? What happened? My guess is the first snake was trying to escape the second snake and found its way into the box when it got electrocuted. The second snake, not wanting to pass up what it thought was an easy meal, latched onto the second snake and got electrocuted next.