Should REPTILES Include Spiders and Other Invertebrates?

“Please leave a comment below to let the editors know if you would or would not be interested in reading an occasional article in REPTILES devoted to tarantulas, scorpions and other invertebrates. Thank you.”

Related Articles

Earliest Reptile Footprints

The earliest evidence for the existence of reptiles has been found in Canada.

How Tadpoles Optimize Their Buoyancy

Tadpoles are well-equipped to adjust their buoyancy in the water.

Buy REPTILES T-Shirts And More!

Buy REPTILES magazine merchandise on Zazzle

Reader Comments:
Feb 19, 2014 10:59 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

Personally, I love inverts and find them interesting. While they may not be as handleable as most of our reptiles, I find their needs can be very similar, and they hail from the same regions as some of my favorite reptiles. If anybody doesn't like spiders, they don't have to read those articles.

Feb 20, 2014 12:16 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

I believe that reptiles magazine should create a separate magazine for inverts. I don't want an invert,and I don't want to read about them. A separate magazine dedicated to inverts only would solve this issue for both parties.

Feb 20, 2014 01:34 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

YES!!! Inverts are part of the reptile hobby, the red headed step child ,but still family. We don't expect cover shots but a lil love to spread the hobby couldn't hurt. Thanks, keep up the good work.

Feb 20, 2014 01:37 pm
 Posted by  Lizzy

They should have their own magazine. Or, increase the pages of Reptiles mag to include them. I would not want you to have to keep the same amount of pages and have an invert take space away from a herp.

Feb 21, 2014 06:51 am
 Posted by  Anonymous

I love inverts, but there should be a separate magazine for them; "Reptiles" is too thin of a mag for inverts to take up space that could hold stuff about reptiles. The magazine is called "Reptiles," and should stay filled with reptiles and amphibians.

Feb 21, 2014 04:56 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

I love spiders and snakes and all creepy things. I don't see a huge market to support an entire magazine for inverts, but you can't take away my turtle pages either. Reptiles would have to add pages which would be great because I would love more pointers about keeping inverts (the kind I have and the kind I've never heard of). OR add a bonus supplement every quarter and see how it goes, that seems to work for other magazines. Then we feel like we got something extra, we all learn something and maybe a few less spiders will meet premature death by the bottom of a shoe.

Feb 21, 2014 06:47 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

I would be very interested in seeing an occasional article on inverts. I don't think a full inverts magazine would be feasible, but devoting some space periodically should be ok. Many reptile keepers are also interested in inverts, so it is a natural fit. For the people that aren't interested, skip the article. That's what I do with articles about turtles for the most part.

Feb 22, 2014 03:58 am
 Posted by  DENEB AL HAYYAH

I would love to see inverts spice up the pages of reptiles! The more variety the better, I say. I love my exotics of all kinds, 8 legs, no legs and whatever in between! Just keep more coming - you can't make everyone happy all the time, that's why there is more than one magazine! But, it would be nice to share space and get along!

Feb 27, 2014 10:31 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

While I'd prefer a separate magazine for them I do realize that that isn't practical. Because of that, I think that the best option would be to add a page or two to the magazine and do articles on inverts every now and again. Maybe quarterly or semi annually, keep it fairly minimal at first. That way people who don't like inverts don't have to see them in the magazine too often (not to mention they could just skip over those articles) but you also aren't taking away from the 60 some odd pages that you normally dedicate to reptiles. The articles don't even have to be all that lengthy in my opinion. Just a 1-3 page article would be plenty of space. Maybe something like a second "Herpers' Most Wanted" article at the back of the magazine that covers Inverts. You could also try having online care sheets and articles for inverts. Again, people wouldn't have to see those articles if they don't want to; but they would be available for those who do.

Mar 11, 2014 04:44 pm
 Posted by  Anonymous

Either add pages to the magazine or create a new one for inverts. Although, I don't see much of a demand for a new magazine on inverts. The better option would probably be to add a few pages.