- Don’t buy a reptile (or any animal) on impulse.
- Don’t try to scare people with your reptiles, especially if you own snakes. Act responsibly.
-Don’t handle all herps too often; many, such as day geckos, are better as display animals than pets that you should handle.
- Don’t keep animals that require different habitat types in the same enclosure.
- Don’t keep animals illegally.
- Don’t neglect your pets. Give them the attention they deserve by performing routine maintenance chores, such as cleaning their enclosures, feeding the proper foods, etc.
Don't scare people with your reptile