Quantcast

45-Year-Old Tortoise Sets House On Fire On Christmas, Is Rescued

December 27, 2019



A 45-year-old tortoise inadvertently set his owner’s house on fire when he knocked a heat lamp which then caught his bedding on fire.

This tortoise knocked over his heat lamp, which caused a fire in his home.

Essex fire service

This tortoise was saved after he knocked over a heat lamp, which caused a fire.
 

"This incident shows just how important it is to have smoke alarms on every level of your home - even if you're not home they will alert anyone close by to the first sign of fire,” Gary Wain, watch manager of the Great Dunmow Fire Station in Essex, England wrote on the station’s Twitter page. "This tortoise has had a very lucky Christmas Day - he is 45 years young and will now hopefully continue to live a long and happy life thanks to working smoke alarms."


Russian Tortoise Care Sheet


After the fire was put out, firefighters found the tortoise amongst its burnt bedding and apparently found the reptile’s heat lamp caused the fire.

Related Articles

Earliest Reptile Footprints

The earliest evidence for the existence of reptiles has been found in Canada.

How Tadpoles Optimize Their Buoyancy

Tadpoles are well-equipped to adjust their buoyancy in the water.

Blood and Short-tailed Python Care Sheet

The best blood and short-tailed python care and information.

Add your comment:
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit Module

Cast Your Vote

Do you plan on any additions to your collection?



 

Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit ModuleEdit Module

Find Us On facebook

Edit ModuleShow Tags